Sunday 27 October 2013

THE FALLEN KIN.

THE FALLEN KIN

As dusk sets in and the sun sets over the horizon;
A hue majestically spreads over the dark of night;
Resplendent over the clouds like nimbus;
Divine in its heavenly stupor;
The shadows of moonlight bow in awe;
Jealous of its splendor he drew his sword, the mighty Orion.

The hue bragged of its invincibility and exaggerated its space;
“This is my firmament” Orion cried in anger and summoned his lights;
Bold he was, his blade ready to slash;
But the iridescent hue sat unwary, Subtle in its looks but a proud ace;

The ill-tempered constellation has now sinned;
Drew his sword and slashed his friend;
Content he was, his morals wasted;
Selena cried in grief;
“oh mighty Orion he was the son of  Helios”;
The mighty Orion had slaughtered his kin;

His sword fell from his bold grip;
Cursed himself “never shall I be so bright”;
I have betrayed my existence forever in paradise;
I shall take this sin to my crypt;

And so ended the tragedy;
Full of beauty and misery;
With wounds which will sour in time;
As darkness charges without a Lyam;


       --ARUN DEV KUMAR.

No comments:

Post a Comment