Monday 28 October 2013

A HERMIT'S HYMN

A HERMIT’S HYMN

Walking down a path unknown;
My bare feet scorched;
But humming a song;
The path dark and gloomy, it wasn’t torched.

Stumbling over gentle stones and massive rocks;
Trembling with fear, I kept humming the song;
Unwary, I kept stepping with confidence;
A Hermit’s journey it was, no voices no throng.

Then I stepped on a hallowed ground;
There was an echo of laughter;
And a mesmerizing tune from the harp;
But there too was a crook and a grafter.

The space so amusing, it was surreal;
But life is never so fair;
So I walked along a convergent path;
My ambition clear, pumped with flare.

My ambition fulfilled, but I wanted more;
The fierce flare in my eyes, ;
The foci I had to outscore;
Never to perish like snow, neither deplore.


-ARUN DEV KUMAR

No comments:

Post a Comment